Full-Time Environmental Services Manager
POSITION SUMMARY: The Environmental Services Manager has direct accountability for the management of the water/wastewater treatment facilities and the development, coordination and implementation of environmental issues at all GNP Company processing plant locations (Cold Spring, Arcadia, and Luverne). Additional responsibilities include directing all maintenance, and CER projects of the water/wastewater facilities, and providing work direction to the other sites. Directs the activities of certified lab, bio solids management and personnel. Represents GNP Company with local , state and federal government agencies.
- Researches and develops optimum standards and Standard Operating Procedures for the water/wastewater facilities at all GNP Company plant locations.
- Establishes and maintains environmental policies and manages projects for the facilities. Serves as subject matter expect and provides guidance on environmental issues to personnel across the organization and represents GNP Company with local, state and federal government agencies.
- Manages Water Resources staff members, providing work direction, coaching/guidance and regular feedback to ensure understanding of and compliance to GNP Company standards and requirements. Additionally directs activities of certified wastewater laboratory and establishes regulatory contacts.
- Manages maintenance activities and serves as primary project manager for CER projects in Water treatment facilities. Plans and prepares projects for the different facilities.
- Directs bio solids management plan and disposal.
- Develops and implements departmental goals, objectives and budget in area managed, and assists in establishing goals and objectives at the other sites.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Science, Chemistry, Microbiology or related field is required
- Class A Wastewater License, or willingness to obtain Class A license, is required
- 5 – 7 Years of related experience is required
- Very good communication skills
- Very good negotiation skills
- Very good Project Management Skills
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good computer skills including experience in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Leadership Skills: Ability to lead/direct, coach and mentor employees
How to Apply
Submit your application/resume for consideration by visiting our Career Page.