Full-Time Environmental Engineer
As a member of our dynamic team, you will be responsible for environmental compliance with state and federal regulations and environmental permitting. This position will have a heavy emphasis on air compliance and BWON compliance. This individual will interface with a diverse group of customers including process and project engineering, operations, maintenance, plant management, and outside regulatory agencies. This position is located in Morris, Illinois.
- Maintain ownership of site air environmental programs (e.g., regulatory applicability reviews, air permitting, emission reporting (AER), compliance systems and BWON),
- Interact with operations and other plant personnel to ensure a consistent understanding of regulatory requirements,
- Provide liaison with regulatory agencies during inspections and for regulatory reporting,
- Interpret and communicate regulatory requirements, effectively identifying solutions when rule ambiguity exists,
- Develop, implement and maintain environmental compliance systems,
- Works with Project Engineering Organization to choose and promote a compliance path
- Provide support to maintain site compliance with permits and environmental regulatory requirements,
- Represent the site in trade organizations and in best practice groups.
Bachelor’s degree in engineering or relevant sciences or environmental discipline and 5 years of progressive, post-baccalaureate experience in the job offered or related occupation requiring environmental engineering and compliance. Will also accept a Master’s degree in engineering or relevant sciences or environmental discipline in lieu of 2 years of experience, or any suitable combination of education, training, or experience.
- Perform complex assignments affecting site environmental programs.
- Manage critical environmental programs at the site, including permitting and compliance systems.
- Serve a key role in regulatory interpretation of complex rules and compliance functions.
- Understand the differences in laws and regulations; conflicts between rules, rule ambiguity and the roles of policies and guidance on compliance.
- Perform assignments to develop and implement solutions.
- Represent the company in trade associations and in interactions with State and Federal agencies.
- Serve as an expert resource for environmental regulations and cost effective compliance.