Director, Environment Management
The Environment Management position contributes to the development and execution of Wyndham Worldwide’s overall information technology services strategy, release management and operations. The position has direct responsibility for non-production environments IT infrastructure and application tiers;including system administration, release management and client services. The manager has accountability for the strategic planning, management control, deployments, and operational performance.
• Responsible for the definition of comprehensive IT strategy covering non-production environments and code development/management/promotion.
• Maintain and promulgate industry standards and best practices for environment and release management.
• Collaborate with business and technology partners to develop and execute time and cost efficiencies in SDLC.
• Translate strategy into efficient and effective department staffing plans; leveraging internal resources, vendor and outsourcing options.
Managerial Planning & Control:
• Support development and manage operating expense and capital budget.
• Align and prioritize initiatives to support Wyndham Worldwide IT strategic goals.
• Establish objectives and key performance indicators for change management; environment availability.
• Provide daily oversight to ensure tactical activities align with strategic roadmap.
• Responsible for cost, schedule, and quality performance associated with infrastructure and application deployment.
• Manage relationships with internal partners and 3rd party vendors.
• Provide support services to technical and business application teams.
• Ensure effectiveness of back-up, recovery, and high-availability procedures.
• Establish operational monitoring and controls as required for each environment type.
• Maintain suitable levels of patching, firmware and service utilities to all environments.
• Partner with security and network team to mitigate and manage IT security threats.
• Responsible for communication of change management goals; inculcation of best practices within development and testing teams; and growing technical professionals across silos.
• Inspire trust and develop clarity of purpose to assure effective use of our professional staff.
• Provide coaching, formal performance management and employee development.
• Provide feedback and development opportunities for staff.
• BS Degree in Information Systems or related business area. Masters preferred.
• Minimum of 15 years experience managing project activities within medium to large projects
• 10 years experience or more with RUP or an equivalent formal, industry methodology (SDLC)
• 10 years experience with automated testing tools, approaches and environments
• Experience with full quality management lifecycle for application development and delivery
• 10+ years experience using ALM/PPM platforms (e.g., HP Quality Center; CA Lisa) or other management tools
• Demonstrated understanding of formal quality principles, concepts and best practices
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Proven track record of working effectively with technical and business groups
• Demonstrated experience evaluating market solutions; developing RFPs; negotiating with third-parties; and managing vendor development & risk.
• Demonstrated ability to analyze business requirements, design documents and other project documents to determine risk factors and potential risk mitigation strategies
• Demonstrated understanding of key business functions, transactions and reporting methods
• Proven track record of working effectively with QA team members as well as technical and business representatives
• Excellent organizational skills
• Demonstrated contributions to QA and IT process improvement efforts
• Demonstrated expertise or technical experience in several of the following areas:
• Web Services Architecture (SOA) required
• Application Server Technology preferred
• Security Services and Security Access Controls preferred
United States of America-New Jersey-Parsippany
Wyndham Hotel Group