Full-Time Environmental Coordinator
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Carson Forestry is an expanding firm of professionals who provide operational, environmental and safety management services to clients in the Electrical Utility, Oil & Gas, Sand & Gravel, and Forest industries as well as to government agencies throughout Alberta.
Our diverse client base provides distinct opportunities, exceptional challenges and a work environment rich in variety. Carson Forestry provides flexible working arrangements, combined with an above average compensation and benefits package. Additional information can be obtained on our web-site at www.carsonforestry.com.
We are currently seeking a senior Environmental Coordinator to join our team to coordinate the activities of Environmental Inspectors on our clients’ projects. You will be expected to:
· Focus on the success of our clients
· Build and manage a team of environmental coordinators
· Plan, conduct, and lead both field and administrative tasks associated with planning industrial projects on private and public lands across Alberta
· Prepare documents for multiple stakeholders such as industrial clients, government agencies, operations contractors, and public stakeholders
· Participate in the business development process
· Commit to continual education and improvement
The successful candidate should have experience in the following areas:
· Providing oversight at the field level to achieve environmental goals on pipeline projects
· Proactively working within a project management team on large industrial construction projects
· Managing a team of professionals
· Operational understanding of environmental best management practices
· Knowledge of the regulatory requirements within the province of Alberta
The following is a list of qualifications we are looking for in our applicants:
· Have a university degree in one of the natural sciences; biological science, environmental science, or forest management, however applicants with technical diplomas will be considered
· Maintain professional designation in Biology, Forestry, or Engineering
Candidates with consulting experience, who will help to expand the current level of expertise and service we provide to clients are preferred. As a successful candidate, you will need to be adaptable, and able to multitask in order to manage your workload to meet client demands.
How to Apply
To apply, please forward your resume to Lorne Carson via email at email@example.com
Applications will be accepted until May 15, 2012.